WOW! SAID THE OWL
A Little Angel Theatre production
Based on the book written and illustrated by Tim Hopgood
Fri 11 December 2020 – Sun 3 January 2021
See Diary for performance times
We are also offering shows via Zoom for those who are unable to visit our venue in person. Click here to find out more.
“a thousand magical flourishes”
– The Guardian
“a child-sized world of wonder”
– The Stage
Explore the wonderful world of colours with a curious little owl, who is determined to stay awake and see what daylight brings.
From the warm, pink glow of dawn through to a day filled with the bright colours of green leaves, blue sky, white clouds and, finally, a stunning rainbow – ‘WOW!’ But despite the beauty of the daytime world, the little owl decides that the night-time stars are the most beautiful of all.
WOW! Said the Owl, the acclaimed children’s book by award-winning author, Tim Hopgood, is brought to life through a blend of beautiful storytelling, puppetry and music. Directed by Joy Haynes, this show will delight and excite very young audiences.
WOW! Said the Owl is aimed at ages 2 – 5.
Or call Box Office to book on 020 7226 1787 (Mon-Fri, 10am-1pm).
Each group will be seated on their own mat. Each mat can seat up to 6 people from the same household or support bubble. Please note that these restrictions will still apply between Wed 23 and Sun 27 December.
£25 for 2 people (1 adult 1 child, or 2 adults)
£10 for each additional adult or child (age 1+) on your mat
When you buy tickets online you choose a group ticket for the number of people in your family or bubble, including all children aged 12 months or above.
If you are bringing a baby under 12 months, you don’t need to pay for them, but please bear in mind they are included in the six person limit. Please email us email@example.com to let us know they are coming.
There will be a limited number of chairs available for those who need them. Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know if someone in your group requires a chair.
Please call Box Office on 020 7226 1787 (Mon-Fri, 10am-1pm) to book if someone in your group requires a wheelchair space.
Tickets must be booked in advance. Booking closes one hour before the event. You do not need to collect or print your tickets in advance – please head straight to the Studios.
Running Time: 50 minutes
The show is also available to primary schools on weekdays.
View the WOW! Said the Owl education pack here.
Based on the book by Tim Hopgood
Adapted and directed by Joy Haynes
Set and costumes designed by Fiammetta Horvat
Puppets designed and made by Keith Frederick
Music and lyrics by Dominic Sales
Performed by Nix Wood/Lizzie Wort
This production of WOW! Said the Owl is based on the book WOW! Said the Owl © 2009 Tim Hopgood, published by Macmillan Children’s Books, a division of Macmillan Publishers International Ltd.
Your safety is our priority. The following measures will be in place to ensure the event is as safe as possible.
- Seating will be on mats, with one group of up to six people from the same household or bubble per mat. Mats will be spaced one metre apart and audience will be encouraged to social distance at all times.
- Key members of staff will be tested for COVID and there will be a gap between the stage and the audience.
- A socially distanced queuing system will be in place. If you feel you will be unable to queue, for example because you would be uncomfortable standing for 10-15 minutes, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com.
- All members of Little Angel Theatre staff will be wearing face coverings. All adults and children over 11 attending performances must wear a face covering, in line with government guidance, unless they are exempt. If you are exempt please bring an exemption card with you. You can download an exemption card to print or show on mobile on the government website.
- We will be checking temperatures of all attendees on arrival. If someone in your group has a temperature you will be asked to return home and exchange your tickets for another date. If you have an underlying condition which causes you to have a high temperature please bring a doctor’s note with you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available and we will be asking all attendees to sanitise their hands before entering the performance area.
- We will be airing the performance area in between shows.
- There will be regular cleaning of the performance space and toilets.
- We will be selling merchandise and refreshments but we will be taking card payment only. In line with new government guidance, you will only be able to eat and drink once you are seated on your mat.
- In line with government guidance, we will be collecting contact information at the point of booking to provide to NHS Test and Trace if we are asked to do so. This means you do not have to scan in using our QR code posters unless you wish to do so. More info can be found on the government website.
Thanks to R&B Health and Safety Solutions for their consultancy and support.
Booking and Tickets