There’s a Rang-Tan in my Bedroom & Other Stories
A Little Angel Theatre production
Supported by Mother, Greenpeace and Meat Free Monday
10 September – 7 November 2021
See diary for performance times
‘There’s a Rang-Tang in My Bedroom’ ends leaving its audience believing they can fix the world: and if we’re very lucky, one of them might.
– Time Out
Imagine waking up to find a turtle bathing in your bathtub, an orangutan bouncing on your bed and a jaguar creeping through your kitchen! But how did they all get here? And why on earth are they all so far from home?
Join us for a magical mix of puppetry and music as we discover more about our animal friends and what we can do to help – because no one is too small to make a difference.
Inspired by the Greenpeace campaign films There’s a Rang-Tan in My Bedroom and There’s a Monster in My Kitchen written by James Sellick, and featuring voiceovers by Emma Thompson, Doc Brown & Rag’n’Bone Man.
There’s a Rang-Tan in my Bedroom & Other Stories is aimed at ages 5-11.
Or call Box Office to book on 020 7226 1787 (Mon-Fri, 10am-1pm).
£11.50 children (ages 1-17)
All tickets £8 for previews 10-17 September and weekday shows at 4.45pm
Find out more about our Puppets for All scheme, which offers free tickets to families who would otherwise be unable to visit our theatre.
Running Time: 45 mins approx
Tickets for school groups are £6.50 per person (weekdays before 3pm, during Islington term time only).
Sunday 17 October, 3.30pm
Call the box office on 020 7226 1787 to book for a Relaxed Performance.
Call the box office to enquire about booking a weekday Relaxed Performance for a school.
What is a Relaxed Performance? Find out more here.
What is a visual story? Find out more here.
Written by James Sellick
Directed by Maia Kirkman-Richards
Set and costumes designed by Kate Bunce
Lighting designed by Sherry Coenen
Puppets designed by Maia Kirkman-Richards
Music composed and sound designed by Dominic Sales
Creative Producer Miranda Pitcher
Performed by Ajjaz Awad & Aya Nakamura
Stage managed by Verity Clayton
Rang-Tan voiceover by Emma Thompson
Jag-Wah voiceover by Doc Brown
Turtle voiceover by Rag’n’Bone Man
Image credit: Salon Alpin / Passion Pictures
Supported by Mother, Greenpeace and Meat Free Monday.
The Theatre Green Book is an initiative by the whole of theatre to work in more sustainable ways. This production is part of a Theatre Green Book trial of shows that use less resource, recycle more, and control energy in all aspects of the production. We’ll feed what we learn into the final version of the Theatre Green Book, due out in winter 2021.
Despite changing government restrictions, we will still have additional measures in place to keep our staff, performers and families safe:
- Our staff will be allocating seating in advance, and you won’t be able to choose where you sit. If you need a specific seat, e.g. on an aisle, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com
- Staff and cast will be tested regularly for COVID-19.
- All members of Little Angel Theatre staff will be wearing face coverings. All adults will be encouraged to wear a face covering.
- We will be checking temperatures of all attendees on arrival. If someone in your group has a temperature you will be asked to return home and exchange your tickets for another date. If you have an underlying condition which causes you to have a high temperature please bring a doctor’s note with you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will be airing the performance area in between shows.
- There will be regular cleaning of the performance space and toilets.
- We have increased our usher to patron ratio to ensure we keep you safe.
- We will be selling merchandise and refreshments but we will be taking card payment only.
Thanks to R&B Health and Safety Solutions for their consultancy and support.