There May Be Castle
Based on the book by Piers Torday
A Little Angel Theatre production
13 November 2021 – 23 January 2022
See diary for performance times
On a frozen Christmas eve, Mouse Mallory and family are on their way across the snow-white valley to their grandpa’s house. But they never arrive.
Instead, Mouse makes friends with a dinosaur that can change size, a glamorous, but sarcastic horse, and a tone-deaf minstrel who never stops singing! Together, they embark upon an extraordinary quest in search of a castle – but will they find it before the dangerous pink knight catches up with them?
This remarkable story about love, loss and the power of the imagination, from award-winning writer Piers Torday, is adapted into a musical puppetry production by the creators of Little Angel Theatre’s The Singing Mermaid, The Smartest Giant in Town and The Pixie and the Pudding.
Praise for the book:
“Original, ingenious and bold … I am still reeling.” – The Sunday Times
“an outstanding book and a future classic” – The School Librarian
There May be a Castle is aimed at ages 7-11.
Or call Box Office to book on 020 7226 1787 (Mon-Fri, 10am-1pm).
£12 children (ages 1-17)
All tickets £8 on Fridays at 4.45pm
Find out more about our Puppets for All scheme, which offers free tickets to families who would otherwise be unable to visit our theatre.
Running Time: One hour 30 minutes, including a 15 minute interval
Tickets for school groups are £6.50 per person (weekdays before 3pm, during Islington term time only).
Saturday 15 January 2022, 4pm
Call the box office on 020 7226 1787 to book for a Relaxed Performance.
Call the box office to enquire about booking a weekday Relaxed Performance for a school.
What is a Relaxed Performance? Find out more here.
The visual story for There May Be a Castle will be available soon.
What is a visual story? Find out more here.
Based on the book by Piers Torday
Adapted by Barb Jungr and Samantha Lane
Directed by Samantha Lane
Music and lyrics by Barb Jungr
Puppets designed by Judith Hope
Set and costumes designed by Ellie Mills
Lighting designed by Sherry Coenen
Image copyright © Rob Biddulph 2016.
Despite changing government restrictions, we will still have additional measures in place to keep our staff, performers and families safe:
- Our staff will be allocating seating in advance, and you won’t be able to choose where you sit. If you need a specific seat, e.g. on an aisle, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com
- Staff and cast will be tested regularly for COVID-19.
- All members of Little Angel Theatre staff will be wearing face coverings. All adults will be encouraged to wear a face covering.
- We will be checking temperatures of all attendees on arrival. If someone in your group has a temperature you will be asked to return home and exchange your tickets for another date. If you have an underlying condition which causes you to have a high temperature please bring a doctor’s note with you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will be airing the performance area in between shows.
- There will be regular cleaning of the performance space and toilets.
- We have increased our usher to patron ratio to ensure we keep you safe.
- We will be selling merchandise and refreshments but we will be taking card payment only.
Thanks to R&B Health and Safety Solutions for their consultancy and support.