The Bag that went BOO!
Presented by Garlic Theatre
Thurs 19 – Fri 20 August
1.30pm & 3.30pm
The delightfully comic story of a little red bag that jumps out of a brown paper bag – what in the world is it? and where is it going?
Join us for a fantastical journey of paper bag proportions, dive into the sea and travel to the moon… and watch out for a silly giant paper bag wandering about making strange noises….
Garlic Theatre bring a sprinkle of pure magic to the streets with mime, clowning and puppetry accompanied by a live musician.
The Bag that went BOO! is aimed at ages 3-8. It is a funny and gentle show, without words. The puppetry and visual humour can be enjoyed by all ages, though under-3s may get a little restless as the show runs for 45 minutes and does not have ‘joining in’ parts.
Or call Box Office to book on 020 7226 1787 (Mon-Fri, 10am-1pm).
£11.50 children (ages 1-17)
Find out more about our Puppets for All scheme, which offers free tickets to families who would otherwise be unable to visit our theatre.
Running Time: 45 mins approx
Devised and designed by the Company
Performed by Mark Pitman
Directed by Steve Tiplady
Puppetry direction Liz Walker
Clown consultant Angela de Castro
Music by Iklooshar Malara
Garlic Theatre is an award winning, international visual theatre company that has toured to 21 countries outside the UK. Penny Francis OBE described Garlic Theatre as one of the main puppetry companies in the UK producing wholly original work. Garlic Theatre tours successfully to theatres, festivals, art centres, village halls and schools to average audience figures of 20,000 per year. Founded in 1997, Garlic Theatre has a fantastic reputation for unusual, funny, eccentric and highly original performances that fire the imagination of children and adults. We aim to challenge, entertain and stimulate people of all ages through the power of puppet animation.
Despite changing government restrictions, we will still have additional measures in place to keep our staff, performers and families safe:
- Our staff will be allocating seating in advance, and you won’t be able to choose where you sit. If you need a specific seat, e.g. on an aisle, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com
- Staff and cast will be tested regularly for COVID-19.
- All members of Little Angel Theatre staff will be wearing face coverings. All adults will be encouraged to wear a face covering.
- We will be checking temperatures of all attendees on arrival. If someone in your group has a temperature you will be asked to return home and exchange your tickets for another date. If you have an underlying condition which causes you to have a high temperature please bring a doctor’s note with you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will be airing the performance area in between shows.
- There will be regular cleaning of the performance space and toilets.
- We have increased our usher to patron ratio to ensure we keep you safe.
- We will be selling merchandise and refreshments but we will be taking card payment only.
Thanks to R&B Health and Safety Solutions for their consultancy and support.