Supporting your school on the Artsmark journey
Little Angel Theatre is embarking on Take Flight this autumn, an exciting project designed to help your school achieve the best possible grade in Artsmark.
Take Flight will provide your school with:
- Tickets to your local arts venue for 3 classes in KS1 and 3 classes in KS2 to see two LAT theatre productions: The Flying Bath (suitable for Nursery – KS1) and Emily Rising (suitable for KS2)
- An INSET on puppet making for KS1 staff
- An INSET on review writing for KS2 staff
- Books and resources relating to each theatre production
- An education pack to help you continue to deliver artistic activities in your school after Take Flight ends
Here’s how Take Flight will help you achieve the seven Artsmark Quality Principles:
- Striving for excellence and innovation – Take Flight provides an innovative opportunity for schoolchildren to access excellent theatre productions and workshops at their local arts venue
- Being authentic – your schoolchildren will attend professional, high-quality theatre productions, as well as workshops led by real arts professionals
- Being exciting, inspiring and engaging – your schoolchildren will have a one-off opportunity to be involved in an exciting arts programme designed to inspire a long-term interest in the arts
- Ensuring a positive and inclusive experience – Take Flight has been designed to involve children of all ages and backgrounds in your school in a positive artistic process
- Actively involving children and young people – your schoolchildren will be actively involved in a working theatre by attending performances and participating in workshops
- Enabling personal progression – the shows and activities involved in Take Flight have been chosen to underpin the whole school curriculum, so that schoolchildren can progress in other areas of their learning and personal development
- Developing belonging and ownership – Take Flight will support your school to build a relationship with your local arts venue, so that your schoolchildren will develop a sense of ownership of and belonging at this venue as they engage with it over the course of a year
To pay for these things individually would cost around £1700. This project is funded by Arts Council England, and will cost your school just £200 + VAT.
Please note that this offer is exclusively available for schools in the following areas: Barking & Dagenham, Doncaster, Gainsborough, Harrow, Luton, Rochdale, St. Helens, Tower Hamlets and Wolverhampton.
For more information or to be involved in Take Flight, contact LAT’s Touring Manager Hattie Callery on 020 3780 5976 or at firstname.lastname@example.org