The Wishing Tree
Written by Joseph Coelho
A Little Angel Theatre production
9 – 26 September 2021
See Diary for performance times
TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 6 AUGUST
I am a green child all wisdom and wild
amongst the trees I play
Trees that wish to meet you.
Ben has just moved to a new estate. It’s miles away from his old friends, his old school, his Grandma’s house, from everything he knows. But when his Mum and Step-Dad send him out to explore, he unwittingly finds himself on a quest to rescue a missing tree of wishes. Along the way Ben discovers the magic in his everyday surroundings, from some fantastical trees and creatures, to the hopes and dreams of the children who live around him.
This brand new play by Joseph Coelho, incorporating ideas from local Islington school children coming out of the pandemic, is a touching tribute to the importance of friendship and helping those in need.
Also on display will be six unique wishing trees created by designers Alison Alexander, Ingrid Hu, Maia Kirkman-Richards, Seb Mayer, Emma Tompkins and Samuel Wilde for workshops with local school children, and artwork created by these children in response to the trees and Joseph’s work.
The Wishing Tree is aimed at ages 5-11. Ending with a message of hope, it explores a range of feelings and ideas that children in this age group can relate to, including fears and worries. Younger children may not follow or engage so well.
TICKETS ON SALE FROM FRIDAY 6 AUGUST
£11.50 children (ages 1-17)
We will be running post-show workshops on Saturday 11, 18 and 25 September. Tickets for workshops are £6 per family and will be available to book as an add-on to performances on these days. Please note that spaces will be very limited.
Please note this show has been rescheduled from our Puppet Picnic. All existing bookers for Puppet Picnic performances will be contacted by our Box Office in due course.
Find out more about our Puppets for All scheme, which offers free tickets to families who would otherwise be unable to visit our theatre.
Running Time: 50 mins approx
Written by Joseph Coelho
Directed and designed by Oliver Hymans
Puppets designed by Peter Morton
Puppet costumes by Katie Underhay
Assistant Puppet Fabrication by Nicholas Willis and William Aubrey-Jones
Sound design by Elliot Mann and Kacper Slowik
Set built by Syeda Bukhari
Set build assistant Jessica Shead
Performed by Chris Nayak and Nadia Shash
Despite changing government restrictions, we will still have additional measures in place to keep our staff, performers and families safe:
- Our staff will be allocating seating in advance, and you won’t be able to choose where you sit. If you need a specific seat, e.g. on an aisle, please let us know in advance by emailing email@example.com
- Staff and cast will be tested regularly for COVID-19.
- All members of Little Angel Theatre staff will be wearing face coverings. All adults will be encouraged to wear a face covering.
- We will be checking temperatures of all attendees on arrival. If someone in your group has a temperature you will be asked to return home and exchange your tickets for another date. If you have an underlying condition which causes you to have a high temperature please bring a doctor’s note with you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available.
- We will be airing the performance area in between shows.
- There will be regular cleaning of the performance space and toilets.
- We have increased our usher to patron ratio to ensure we keep you safe.
- We will be selling merchandise and refreshments but we will be taking card payment only.
Thanks to R&B Health and Safety Solutions for their consultancy and support.