The Adventures of Oop and Imm Competition
We’re excited to be launching a competition over the summer holidays to write an ending to Samantha Sutherland’s story, The Adventures of Oop and Imm and have it made into an online puppetry show!
First up, watch the beginning of the story, written and read by Samantha Sutherland:
What would we like you to do?
Once you’ve watched the story, it’s up to you to decide what happens next!
Let us know what adventure Oop and Imm go on now, and how their story might end.
You can present your ending in any way you like. You could:
- Write it down, as a story, script or poem. Check out our writing for puppetry tips here.
- Draw or illustrate your ending.
- Read it aloud and film or record it, like our performers’ story readings.
- Perform and film your ending, make your characters into puppets or shadow puppets.
- Make a stop-motion animation.
- Or something else – get creative!
How do you enter?
Ask a parent or carer to submit your entry to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 28 August 2020.
Remember to let us know your first name, age and what country you live in when you submit your entry.
Please also feel free to post your entries on social media and tag us – we’d love to share them! But make sure you have submitted them via email as well, or we won’t be able to consider your entry.
What could you win?
The winning entry will be incorporated into an online puppetry show, broadcast on the Little Angel Theatre YouTube channel in the autumn.
The two runners up will receive a bundle of books and craft goodies from the Little Angel Theatre shop (UK only).
How does it work? (T&Cs)
- The competition is open worldwide, for children up to age 11.
- Entries should be submitted via email by a parent or carer over the age of 18.
- The competition will open on Friday 24 July 2020 and run until 5pm on Friday 28 August 2020. Entries submitted after this time will not be eligible to win.
- Entries are free.
- There is no word limit or video/recording length limit and you can submit as many entries as you like.
- You can enter from any country in the world, but all entries must be in English. Please note the runner-up prizes will only be available to UK entrants. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash or any other reward.
- The competition will be judged by a panel including Samantha Sutherland (the author) and Samantha Lane (Little Angel Theatre Artistic Director).
- By submitting an entry you are granting Little Angel Theatre permission to share your work, alongside your name, age and country you live in, on our website and/or social media channels.
- If you are sending a large video or audio file, please send it via Wetransfer or send a Google Drive link.
- We are unable to accept entries by post.
- The winner must be happy for their entry to be incorporated into a puppet show by Little Angel Theatre and their associate artists, to be broadcast on Little Angel Theatre’s YouTube channel indefinitely.
- The winning entry will be incorporated into a puppet show, but may be adapted or altered by the artists involved. The essence of the winning idea will be retained, but it may not be a word for word replica.
- The winner will be credited by name at the end of the online show.
- Winners will be notified by email. By entering this competition, you agree to let us use your email address to respond with the results of this challenge, if you are a winner. If you would like to be added to the Little Angel Theatre mailing list, to receive information about our shows and activities, please indicate this in your email.